CEO + Head Coach
I’m Dawn Fletcher, creator of this page, previously known as MENTALITY WOD, and your head coach.
I’ve had nearly every job in the fitness industry over the last 15+ years and I’ve helped more than 20 athletes to The CrossFit Games and thousands to championships, podiums, elite competitions.
I've been named “1 of The 30 Most Influential Health Bloggers” and this site was recognized as “1 of The Top 5 CrossFit Sites.” Pretty cool huh?
As far as I know, I'm the only coach in the world who has a Master’s in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology, and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a Level 3 CrossFit Certification.
I absolutely love coaching those who are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve greatness in their lives.
- MA Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- BA Psychology, Minor in Sport Coaching
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist | National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Level 2
- CrossFit Level 3
- CrossFit Goal-Setting
- CrossFit Nutrition
- Head Judge, Left Coast Invitational
- Mental Strength Certified Coach
- Played 3 sports in high school
- Played 3 sports in college (track, soccer, basketball)
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Sport Coaching from McDaniel College in Maryland
- Worked as a personal trainer, college soccer coach and fitness director at a global-gym
- Became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and discovered CrossFit in late 2007
- Earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology w/ a specialization in Sport Psychology from San Diego State University in 2010
- Trained individual clients, CrossFit classes, interned at Winning Mind and SDSU's Strength & Conditioning Facility
- Started my own coaching and consulting business
- Created MENTALITY WOD in 2012
- Became San Diego's first female CF-L3 Coach in 2015
I love writing, exploring, traveling, learning new things, challenging myself, volunteering, playing, surfing, hot yoga, functional body building, minimalism, and spending QT with my wife, family and friends.
I'm constantly evolving, pushing my own boundaries and looking for better ways to think and live. I dig entrepreneurship, and I thrive with an open-schedule and freedom to roam.
I spend most of my time in garage gyms, parks, coffee shops, at the beach, or somewhere near trees.
I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love for a living. My greatest joy comes from honoring God, by helping others with the gifts I've been given.
Bruce Young - Ambassador
Bruce Young is DRIVEN. He was coached by Dawn for over 4 years, during which, Bruce made it to The CrossFit Games 2 times. Bruce has recently been named the first Ambassador because of his driven mindset, adaptability, focused approach, commitment to personal growth and much more.
He is a gifted athlete, and mentor to others who want to achieve greatness. Dawn wanted to give him an additional honor, and platform to be able to reach others.
Facebook: @mentality wod
Mailing address for products: Dawn Fletcher - 3288 Adams Ave, PO Box #16444 - San Diego CA, 92176