I'm Here To Help You Maximize Your Performance Potential
I’m Dawn Fletcher, your mental performance specialist and the owner of MENTALITYWOD.com.
I’ve had nearly every job in the fitness industry over the last 14 years and I’ve helped more than a dozen athletes to The CrossFit Games and many others to championships, podiums, and elite competitions.
I've been named “1 of The 30 Most Influential Health Bloggers” and this site is recognized as “1 of The Top 5 CrossFit Sites.” Pretty cool huh?
As far as I know, I'm the only coach in the world who has a Master’s in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology, and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a Level 3 CrossFit Certification. This is a unique combination that is unmatched in the fitness industry.
I absolutely love coaching those who want to be at the top and are willing to do whatever it takes to get there.
I work with a handful of select athletes each month, and work on delivering the best information to you through my program, books and social.
I'm passionate about helping driven-individuals become their very best (in and out of their sport) and I won't stop until we reach our goal.
- MA Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- BA Psychology, Minor in Sport Coaching
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist | National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Level 2
- CrossFit Level 3
- CrossFit Goal-Setting
- CrossFit Nutrition
- Head Judge, Left Coast Invitational
- Mental Strength Certified Coach
- Played 3 sports in high school
- Played 3 sports in college (track, soccer, basketball)
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and Sport Coaching from McDaniel College in Maryland
- Worked as a personal trainer, college soccer coach and fitness director
- Became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and discovered CrossFit in late 2007
- Earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology w/ a specialization in Sport Psychology from San Diego State University in 2010
- Trained individual clients, CrossFit classes, interned at Winning Mind and SDSU's Strength & Conditioning Facility
- Started my own coaching and consulting business
- Created MENTALITYWOD.com in 2012
- Became San Diego's first female CF-L3 Coach in 2015
More about me?
I love writing, exploring, traveling, learning new things, challenging myself, volunteering, playing, surfing, hot yoga, functional body building, minimalism, and spending QT with my family and friends.
I'm completely fascinated with peak performance, and helping others achieve it.
I'm constantly evolving, pushing my own boundaries and looking for better ways to think and live. I dig entrepreneurship, and I thrive with an open-schedule and freedom to roam.
I spend most of my time in garage gyms, parks, coffee shops, at the beach, or somewhere near trees.
I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love for a living. My greatest joy comes from honoring God, by helping others with the gifts I've been given.
Facebook: @mentality wod
Mailing address for products: Dawn Fletcher - 3288 Adams Ave, PO Box #16444 - San Diego CA, 92176