Here To Help You Maximize Your Performance Potential
I’m Dawn Fletcher, your mental performance specialist and the owner of MENTALITYWOD.com.
I’ve had nearly every job in the fitness industry over the last 10 years and I’ve helped thousands of individuals reach their CrossFit, fitness, performance and life goals.
I’ve recently been named “1 of The 30 Most Influential Health Bloggers” and this site is recognized as a “Top Fitness, Happiness & Health Blog” as well as “1 of The Top 5 CrossFit Blogs.” Pretty cool huh?
I’m 1 of the only coaches in the world (probably the only) with a Master’s in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology, who is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with a Level 3 CrossFit Certification. This is a unique combination that is unmatched in the fitness industry.
I absolutely love coaching those who want to be at the top and are willing to do whatever it takes to get there. I work with a handful of select athletes each month, write for many publications, and work on delivering the best information to you through this site. I’m passionate about helping driven-individuals become their very best, I won’t stop until we reach our goal.
- MA Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- BA Psychology, Minor in Sport Coaching
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist | CSCS, National Strength and Conditioning Association
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified
- CrossFit Level 3 Certified
- CrossFit Goal-Setting
- CrossFit Nutrition Certified
- Head Judge, Left Coast Invitational
- Played 3 sports in high school
- Played 3 sports in college (track, soccer, basketball)
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Sport Coaching from McDaniel College in Maryland
- Worked as a personal trainer, college soccer coach and fitness director
- Became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and discovered CrossFit in late 2007
- Earned Master’s Degree in Kinesiology w/ a specialization in Sport Psychology from San Diego State University
- Trained individual clients, CrossFit classes, interned at Winning Mind and SDSU’s Strength & Conditioning Facility
- Finished graduate school in 2010 and started my own business
- Created MENTALITYWOD.com in 2012
- Became CF-L3 Certified Coach in 2015
More about me?
I love writing, exploring, traveling, learning new things, challenging myself, volunteering, minimalism, and spending QT with my family and friends. I’m constantly evolving and looking for better ways to think and live. I’m completely fascinated with peak performance, and helping others achieve it.
I spend most of my time in garage gyms, parks, coffee shops, at the beach, or somewhere near trees. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love for a living. My greatest joy comes from honoring God, by helping others with the gifts I’ve been given.
Facebook: @mentality wod
Mailing address for products: Dawn Fletcher – 3288 Adams Ave, PO Box #16444 – San Diego CA, 92176