I believe that the most successful and happy people are full of optimism, but are also very aware of reality. Take a look at these optimistic and pessimistic thoughts, and see if you can learn to be more of an optimistic realist”.
Optimistic Thoughts vs Pessimistic Thoughts
“Today is going to be perfect” vs. “Everything is going wrong today”
“I am not going to mess up at all” vs. “All I do is make mistakes”
“I’m going to complete everything today” vs. “I will never get any of this done”
“I am great at it all” vs. “I suck at it”
“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change… the realist adjusts the sails.”
Instead of one extreme or the other,
1. Be realistic about the journey ahead of you
- Expect that there will be bumps in the road, and that things won’t be perfectly smooth. Things will challenge you.
2. Understand that you will have to put forth effort
- You can’t just wish things will happen and expect them to, you have to be willing to work your ass off if you want to get somewhere. Be prepared to give it your all.
3. Continue to have a strong belief in yourself and your ability to overcome
- Have a positive outlook that you are capable and you will come out on top. Always believe that the best is possible.