I’m going to give you some short ways that you can strengthen your mindset. It doesn’t take long, but it does take regular practice and effort.
Just like you can be efficient with your workouts, you can be efficient with working on your mindset. But, if you don’t do it, it won’t improve…plain and simple. Throughout your day, you can guide your thoughts, choose your responses, and train yourself to look at things in a more helpful way.
If you’re preparing for an upcoming competition or going through a hectic time, you’ll really want to get on a consistent practice with these drills.
Here are some quick ideas that you can try a few times each week.
Quick Ways To Improve Your Mindset
1. Do progressive muscle relaxation – tighten up each muscle group then release it
2. Do a past positive visualization – recall a favorite memory
3. Do an external gratitude session – think about what you’re glad you have or can experience
4. Do an internal gratitude session – think about what you’re glad you are
5. Practice a mindfulness session – tune in to all that’s around you (sights, sounds, etc)
6. Do a positive future visualization – think about the great things you want in your life
7. Do an open meditation – be still, and allow your thoughts to wander
8. Engage in a guided meditation or visualization
10. Read about mindset
11. Be still in nature – head outside, just lay or be still without distraction
12. Use your voice to send out positive vibes and encouragement to others
13. Think about your WHY and remind yourself of your purpose
If you’re interested in hearing more about these options, and getting on a specific plan to help you achieve your goals, check out these coaching options