Trials are inevitable. We are all going to face challenge, and we’ll continue to have hard times in training and in life. If you’re going through a tough time right now, I hope you can lean into your situation and continue to work through it, knowing that the shit won’t last forever. There may even be some benefits to the trials you’re facing.
This post is to remind you that something good can and may come out of the trials you’re facing. You may not see the benefits immediately, but you gotta hold on to something and eventually pull a positive from it. I hope at least one of these will resonate with you and provide some help.
5 Benefits of Trials
1. Trials can help you create clarity about what’s really important and you can often gain a fresh, improved perspective.
2. You gain experience in handling trials so that you’re more comfortable and confident going through them in the future.
3. You’re given an opportunity to practice many things like patience, perseverance, faith, forgiveness (to yourself and others), stress-management, and communication. There is ALWAYS an opportunity to improve some aspect of yourself.
4. You can improve your relationships by leaning on your support team in trying times. You build stronger relationships when you share your emotions and reach out to those who care about you.
5. You can become a more relatable individual by working through trials and gaining the experience of hard times. You’ll be better able to coach, parent, help, and inspire others by sharing what you learned and how you changed because of the trial.
Of course, if you’re having a hard time, reach out to someone and get help as soon as you can. The trials are going to keep coming, and you can take action daily to improve your mentality so that you’re as prepared as possible to work through them.
Can you pull something good out of the storm you’re in? Comment below.
If you want more
2. Become notified whenever new tips are available – just add your email address to the footer below
3. If you are looking for particular topic, try searching it or choosing from the relevant tags by clicking “search all tips”
4. For info on remote coaching options email firstname.lastname@example.org for your free assessment