It’s time for “Guest Post Friday!” On Fridays, I feature tips from other individuals who have helpful input about the mental side of fitness, training or life. All of the other posts on this site are my thoughts, so I like to share different perspectives (especially so that you don’t get too tired of my ramblings).
Here’s a piece of an article by Sibyl Chavis from possibilityoftoday.com
How To Have The Best Mindset Everyday
“Keep the Quality of Your Mindset Top of Mind.
As you move through your day and have different experiences and interact with people, always keep your mindset and how you are feeling top of mind. Do a self-audit from time to time and ask yourself, what is the quality of my mindset right now? How am I feeling? Do I have positive energy flowing? You need to always be aware of your mindset and know if and when it is time to improve it or increase your level of positive energy. You need to recognize when it has been disturbed so that you can do something about it.
When You Need to Improve Your Mindset
1. Realize You Only Have 2 Options. Essentially, with any disturbance, any issue, or anything that frustrates you, there are only 2 options:
A) Improve your perspective
B) Remove yourself from the disturbance.
It really is that easy and if you break situations down, there are only 2 constructive things you can do. You can either choose to see things differently and in a more positive light or you can simply just choose to remove yourself completely from the situation.
2. Realize that Complaining Is NOT One of the Two Options. It is easy to identify what you don’t like about a situation or a person. When things go in ways we don’t like, we could probably fill 3 or 4 notebooks with all the reasons why we don’t like the situation or why we disagree with what someone is doing. However, what does that really do? In the majority of instances people complain about issues to other people who are not really involved and can’t do anything to change what has happened. They end up working themselves up, getting frustrated, and eventually they just get fed up and nothing really positive changes about the situation. Why even put yourself through this? If you are just sitting around complaining about your boss, your husband, your job, the undesirable things you have to do, or anything else you dislike, you are not doing anything constructive for yourself and you are not prioritizing your good frame of mind. Complaining will always weigh you down and clog the flow of your positive energy.
3. Choose one of the 2 Options: As soon as you notice a disruption in your mindset, decide which option you are going to follow.”
Read the rest of the article HERE
About The Author:
Sibyl Chavis is the creator and write at Possibility of Today. I am a former attorney and HR executive turned writer, possibility seeker and lifelong learner. She created the website because she wanted to help others break free of their “negative committee,” take action on things they’ve always wanted to do, find more clarity, and ultimately live in this different way. Connect with her on Twitter and Facebook.
Don’t forget to
2. Subscribe to get new posts to your inbox – just add your email to the footer below
3. Read about MentalityWOD.com and how it can help you – click HERE