To perform your best, and get the most out of your training sessions, you have to stay focused on your purpose and plan. The best way to do that is to keep a centered and present frame of mind.
Try these 4, 2 minute mental routines throughout your day
- 2 minutes first thing in the morning, practicing gratitude and setting intentions
- 2 minutes before your workout, appreciating the opportunity, reminding yourself of your why, and setting intentions
- 2 minutes after your workout, reflecting on takeaways/learning lessons and positives
- 2 minutes before sleep, practicing gratitude and positive thinking
If you’re not an athlete, you can at least do this when you wake up and before bed. You can take notes during these routines to make them even more powerful and impactful. I suggest that we all practice gratitude, positivity, prayer or quick meditations, mindfulness, setting intentions, and centering ourselves throughout the day.
Of course you could make these routines longer or do this more often, but you get the gist. Start with these quick, 2 minute routines and you can always build on them as you get more comfortable and consistent.
Bottom Line: It’s crucial that you create a routine of regularly reminding yourself of what’s most important throughout your day.
Want more tips on how to get the most out of your training by prepping your mind?
2. Grab access to the Online Training : The Mental Edge Program