Do you think that some people are just optimistic, and some are negative? Do you think that you either have confidence or you don’t? Do you see amazing athletes and assume that they don’t have fear, doubt or worries like you do?
Here’s the thing, we are all capable of improving our outlook, and thought patterns to live a better life. But also, we can all fall into unhelpful, unhealthy beliefs or attitudes. We can all learn, grow and change if we are willing to. The key to having a powerful mindset is practice.
- When you practice being more patient, you’ll become more patient.
- When you practice replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll become more optimistic.
- When you practice persevering through a tough situation, you’ll become stronger.
- To be more confident, you must remind yourself of your gifts and capabilities. Confidence is a practice.
- Want to be able to move on quickly, and adapt to pressure and setbacks? Then practice doing just that.
- Want to be more calm, grounded and present? Then begin to practice.
You simply must be willing to practice, try different techniques, stay open to suggestions and continue to learn.
All day, every day you can practice implementing thoughts, beliefs and attitudes that propel you forward.
If you want to improve at something, you must practice it. You don’t just get it automatically or keep it forever without working on it. Your mentality is made up of many factors, and you can continue to feel more focused, adaptable and prepared when you practice strategies that help you. We all will have ups and downs, and will struggle with certain situations. But, remember that if you choose to practice, and continue to learn, you can and will overcome. You can improve every day with practice.
How can you practice?
1. Visit mentalityWOD.com for 10 minutes a day and read
3. Subscribe to get new posts to your inbox – just add your email to the footer below
4. For info on remote coaching options email email@example.com for your free assessment