If there’s something that you don’t like to do, want to do, or aren’t very good at…do you find yourself putting it off? Do you keep trying to “ignore” it or find a million other things to do instead?
If you find a particular task stressful, or you dislike it…it will normally end up on the very bottom of your to-do list. Right? That is, until you make a conscious decision to continue to attack anything that makes you uncomfortable, or that you view as a weakness. I wrote about how and why to do that last week in THIS POST.
But, I also believe that we can make “stressful”, “uncomfortable”, “tedious” tasks more enjoyable. We can also make our “weakness training” in the gym more fun for ourselves.
Here’s a few suggestions
- Train your weakest movements along with 1 or 2 of your strongest
- Do errands, or annoying tasks with people who you love being around
- Take a test, or go over your to-do list while sitting outside in a beautiful place
- Do your most dreaded work while drinking your favorite coffee or listening to some beautiful music
The idea is to pair what you dislike, or are putting off, with something that you love or enjoy.
It’s a simple, yet brilliant idea. It helps me get through many things that I’m not great at doing or don’t look forward to. Try the combo approach, and see if it helps you attack what you’ve been putting off.
Remember, just doing a little bit will always help, read “Which Is Better, A Little or None?”
Also, if you have a lot going on and feel unorganized or overwhelmed, read “How To Remember What’s Important”
If you want more
2. Become notified whenever new tips are available – just add your email address to the sidebar on the left
3. If you are looking for a topic in particular, try searching it or choosing from the relevant tags
4. Check out The Online Mental Edge Program and for more on remote coaching options email email@example.com for your free assessment