During a CrossFit Event, or any other sporting event, you must work on your mental game as much as anything. If you can control your mindset, you can set yourself up for success no matter what the event is. Read through these tips and suggestions.
Make sure to click on the hyperlinks too!
What NOT To Do During Competitions
1. Don’t take anything for granted – instead, do this
2. Don’t boast – instead, follow these tips
3. Don’t go through it alone – instead, do this
4. Don’t talk about what you can’t control (what the workout will be, who’s going to score what, who’s going to make it) – instead, do this
5. Don’t bitch about everything (the WOD, the format, the weather, etc.) – instead, use these tips
6. Don’t focus on your soreness, injury, weakness or pain – instead, use these tips
7. Don’t doubt yourself – instead, do this
8. Don’t get caught up in what others are doing – instead, do this
9. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment – instead, do this
10. Don’t eat a bunch of crab, obviously – instead, remind yourself of these thoughts
11. Don’t forget that you chose to do this and you don’t “have to” – instead, think like this
12. Don’t let setbacks keep you down – instead, use these tips
13. Don’t get down on yourself because you’re still a beginner – instead, use this as inspiration
14. Don’t let the pain and fatigue control you – instead, use these tips
15. Don’t forget what’s most important – instead, stay focused on the basics
Kick ass, keep your head up, push yourself and check back to MENTALITYWOD.com during the entire season for tips and updates on each workout.
- Products for CrossFitters: The Mental Edge Program – The Build Mental Strength eBook – 100 Journal Prompts
- Products for every type of athlete: 100 Journal Prompts
- Remote coaching for anyone looking to improve: email email@example.com for your free assessment