I like filling up my gas tank. When it’s all the way full, I think about all the places it can take me. I feel more at ease after filling up my tank, because I know I won’t have to think about it for a little while, and I’ll be able to go where I want to go.
Here’s what I want you to think about…just as cars have tanks, you have an emotional (also mental) fuel tank.
- When your tank is full, you are more optimistic, excited, and prepared. You are full of energy (physically and mentally), and you feel ready to take on challenges. You are confident and you feel like you can accomplish anything.
- When your tank starts to get low, you begin to feel worried, anxious, overwhelmed, tired, and negative. You feel less prepared to take on challenges, and you get flustered or upset more easily.
- Don’t wait until the red light comes on to fill your (emotional/mental) gas tank.
- Do things that you love, seek balance, take downtime, and hang out with others who lift you up.
- Make a list of what you need to do to make sure your tank is full so that you can perform your best.
Article of The Day
16 Ways To Create Balance In Your Life – my article from Box Life Magazine
Want to make sure your tank is full so you can perform your best? Better grab access to The Mental Edge Program