The last week, I have been highlighting each of the 9 factors that make up your mentality. You need to develop these factors in order for you to get the most out of your training. If any of the factors are missing or weak, you will not be able to perform your best.
This is the most important factor of your mentality (in my opinion). Your ability to balance all the stuff in your life will make a huge impact on your daily workouts. Those who have a well-balanced life will be able to give the most to their workouts. They will see the biggest results and will be able to keep a healthy perspective about training.
Are you stressed, tired, overworked, stuck in a rut, unfocused, not reaching your goals or down in the dump? If so, I can guarantee you are not balancing your time and energy in an effective way.
Focus on doing each of these 6 factors throughout your day
1. Take care of yourself – Exercise, preparing food, and going to any appointments (physical, spiritual or mental). Spend time improving your health.
2. Have fun – Do things that you enjoy and are passionate about. Spend time improving your mood by having a blast.
3. Relax & Rejuvenate – Do the things in life that makes you feel restored. Relax with a significant other or have a little bit of quiet, alone time. Spend time recharging.
4. Give – Do things for others, supporting a loved one, or volunteering. You can do this for a living, or you can prioritize time to love on others.
5. Grow – Read, learn and try something new. Spend time improving the quality of your education, spirituality or mindset.
6. Attack your shit list – It is incredibly important to take care of the stuff that’s easy to put off, because if not, it can bring major sources of complacency, stress and anxiety.
At the end of the day, you could run through this list and check yourself.
Are you as balanced as you could be?
- Read about how to improve your balance HERE