This list is SO DAMN GOOD. I have written about almost every one of these topics on MENTALITYWOD.COM
- All-or-Nothing Thinking – Read more about how this can hold you back, and how to think in a more positive, yet realistic way in “Optimistic Realism: Do you have this attitude?”
- Overgeneralization – Read more about how common this can be when you’re trying to reach a fitness goal in “Don’t Generalize”
- The Mental Filter – Read more about how to make sure you’re thinking about progress and not about how far you still have to go in “Be Careful How You Use This Word”
- Diminishing The Positive – Want to learn more about how you can control your thoughts, and you can stay positive? Read this one, “3 Very Strong Words”
- Jumping To Conclusions – If you’re regular assuming that you know what’s going to happen, or what someone thinks about you, read more about how to fix this in “Are You A Negative Psychic?”
- Catastrophizing – Learn how to recognize and change this pattern in “Bust Out Of The Negative-Thinking Cycle”
- Emotional Reasoning – Read more about how to quickly reduce your fears, anxieties, and frustrations in “Love Your Fears, Anxieties & Frustrations” – this post is incredibly helpful
- Should and Should-Nots – Read more in “What You Really Mean When You Say Should”
- Labeling – If you think this way, and you feel like you’re never where you want to be or just not good enough, you gotta read this one, “Do You Fear Not Measuring Up“
- Personalization – Is this something you do regularly? Read this post to find out “How To Let Go Of What You Wanted To Happen”
Which ones are you using too often?
We can all get caught up in thought patterns that are distorted and unhelpful. It’s okay. The key is becoming more aware, and learning how to effectively change your thoughts so that you can feel more calm, confident, and hopeful. Our thoughts are incredibly powerful and can cause us to feel doubtful, pissed or anxious.
Learn how to identify unhelpful thought patterns and develop better ways of thinking.
If you want more
2. Become notified whenever new tips are available – just add your email address to box in the footer